Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Downs and Ups

So, I'm not actually sure if anyone is still reading this blog, but I am going to keep posting anyway. :) Life sort of imploded for us in the last month or so. I feel like all I have been doing is crying lately. Crying in the grocery store, crying at church, crying at home. It sucked. Maybe I should have anticipated it, since this year Peter and I both turned 30, had our 7th anniversary, and our second child. Everything was sort of touch and go for awhile there, but I feel like now we are at least moving toward reconciliation and healing, and maybe now I can stop crying. :) We are seeing an excellent therapist, and our excellent pastor, so that should help. I also just have to look at my kids to remember things aren't so bad. My baby is beautiful, and is laughing all the time now. There is no one that can make you feel more like an awesome stand up comedian than a three month old baby. She is in some danger of being smashed flat by her sister's over enthusiastic kisses, but in general we all just love her. On a lighter note I finished the body of my sweater and almost one sleeve. I am shooting for Halloween as my finishing goal instead of Christmas. :) I think I may do socks again next. I really love the simple wool ankle socks that I made last year. I may try some tabi socks to wear with my ever constant flip flops. I am trying not to feel guilty for not working on the nursing wrap, but it's still just too much for me right now. I think that I am also going to take the plunge and put some stuff up on Etsy. I think that this first offering will be a little random, since it will just be all the projects I have laying around in my sewing area. I am excited at the prospect of starting to make some unique things just for this site though. I will keep you all posted about what is going on with that.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I still read. :) I am glad that you are starting to feel better. I've been praying for you and your family. It was really good to see you at knitting and at church.

I think your stuff will do well on Etsy! You are so talented.

Chauntel said...

And I am here too!
Ditto to all Tracy said & having been through rough patches as a wife, mom, friend, daughter, sister, etc. I know you are strong enough to take it all on and come out stronger and happier than ever! God gives us the strength to deal with things we never thought possible and be happier for it.
Love you & I can't wait to see your stuff on Etsy too!

Suzanne said...

I'd like to echo everything that Tracy and Chauntel said and send you big big virtual hugs your way --- also, if you ever need ANYTHING you give me a call. Okay?

I'd also love to hang out with you guys again sometime soon as we always have such a great time with you and the girls.

Love you tons - and love your work. I can't wait to see what you come up with for the Etsy site and I'm so glad you are doing it.

:o)