Sunday, May 06, 2007

A Few More Things, and No Baby Yet

So, I decided to do a little embroidery on this sweet little suit for the new baby. I was looking for a special first gown, but there were none to be found in Ventura, so we settled on this organic cotton suit with a little personal embroidery. My mom and sister and I searched high and low, but I think it's between seasons or something, because we couldn't find a thing. I like how it turned out though. :) This is a dress that Sylvan and I collaborated on. I was thinking that it would just be a simple little summer dress made out of this fabric with Popsicles we found at Craft Essentials, but Sylvan had other ideas. She decided on the length (it is in fact shorter than she really wanted), and added the bows and the sleeves. So as my sister said, it looks a little like a crazy 80's prom dress. I think that it may end up in the dress up clothes, but you may see it around town first. :)

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

80's prom dress! That's hilarious.

It looks great though - and the embroidery that you did - SO COOL! Very impressed with you and your mad sewing skills.